Thursday, June 28, 2007

The World

I am at work. I am supposed to be making sure a recipe by Ina Garte is correctly reproduced for another publication. Instead I got lost in a picture at the beginning of her book of a table set at the very edge of an apple orchard in the late afternoon in summer, with golden light and vasses of grasses and herbs set out, and the dedication: 'My home is whever Jeffrey is'.
At table set up and someone to love.
I love Zachary. We do not have a perfect relationship, but instead of worrying me, that fills me with hope. We have our entire lives to figure out how best to make eachother happy. We've come so far in that in the past three years (we used to make eachother miserable), and I am confident we'll make it there. We'll make eachother happier than anybody else in the world, because the happiness one is experiencing is always the greatest of all.
And! I want to feed the world. The whole world. I want to set up tables in fields and cover them in dishes. I want to cook everything for everybody. I want people to stop conversing because of food, and I want peope to converse because of food.
That's how it's going to be, for my life.
I will love Zachary. My home will be with him, and my heart will be full of love, and I will feed the world.

No comments: